Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Showcase

So the interns met with Debra today about the Intern Showcase. The long and the short of it is that we can do just about anything we want, within reason and a $500 budget. We elected Financial (Holly) and Production (myself) reps to kind of keep track of everything so we're not all pestering Ammie (our awesome Assistant Production Manager) about things all the time. We also decided to start ourselves off by compiling our individual goals into a list. Everyone's e-mailing me by tomorrow morning with their goals. I'm excited to see them! It should be interesting to see what we come up with.

In other news, my experience with Arsenic and Old Lace yesterday: The thing that made my day was showing Annie the wash we'd created, adjusting it for her in less than 5 minutes, and then hearing this: "Well that was easy!" Really, there's nothing better to hear from the Artistic Director than that.

Second kind of awesome moment was scampering through the light-lock to the lobby and almost mowing down Christopher Walken on his way into the theatre. That was kind of surreal, like "holy crap I almost knocked over a flippin' celebrity!" That would be my experience, of course: not an eloquent handshake and how-dya-do, but a klutzy, breathless passing. Oh well, such is my life.

Back to what I do,
Ashley

No comments: